Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding widgets to the front page, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- The last page of our our front page puzzle…are the widgets.…Now the Auberge theme actually has…three separate widgetized areas.…The first one appears directly under the featured image…on the front page and only on the front page.…And here you can display things like…the location, or a welcome message, or something else.…The second widgetized area appears all the way…at the bottom of the page in the footer,…that's why it's called the Footer Widgets.…And the third widgetized area appears in a side bar,…on the right-hand side on menu items…and blog posts and pages, if those pages are not set…to display as full width.…
So you need to customize all these three widgetized areas,…but our main focus is on the Front Page Widgets,…so let's do that first.…You can customize all your widgets…by going to the customizer, you just have to remember that…the widgetized areas that appear in the cutomizer…will only appear if your on the correct page.…So we're going to start on the front page.…I'm on the front page, so I'll click on Customize.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.