Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding tiled galleries and a carousel, part of WordPress DIY: Small Business Website.
- View Offline
- WordPress allows you to add images and graphics…to both pages and posts in multiple different ways.…For each post you can add a featured image…that will be displayed outside the context…of the post itself,…and maybe used on front pages or index pages.…You can add images inside posts in line…either aligning them left or right or center…and make them look nice and big like you see here.…You can also add image galleries.…Now the challenge with image galleries out of the box…is that they look pretty boring.…What you're seeing here is…a standard WordPress image gallery with no styling.…
All you have is a square thumbnail…followed by the image caption,…but if you click on the image,…you just jump directly to the image file itself.…So, now we're no longer in the website,…we're just looking at the image in the browser…and that's not a very good user experience.…What we want to happen with image galleries is…when people click on the image,…we either pop it up in a box…or we provide some sort of gallery functionality…so you can navigate between the different images.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding a custom menu
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Customizing the front page
- Adding promotions
- Setting up a contact form, calendar, and social media buttons
- Securing your site and managing spam