Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding social sharing buttons, part of WordPress DIY: Freelance/Independent Website.
- View Offline
- When a visitor finds one of my recipies,…or my DIY articles, I want them to be able…to quickly share that content with their friends…and followers on social media networks.…Can be achieved by adding social media…sharing buttons on our site.…Now there are hundreds of different plugins…that can do this, and each plugin provides…it's own unique way of adding social media…sharing buttons.…So here you have to pick a plugin…based on both how they look, how they function,…and also whether you want to hook…your social media sharing buttons to an external service,…like AddThis or ShareThis, so that you can…keep track of what is happening once…people share your content.…
In the case of our site, we're gonna use…a very simple plugin that just adds…social media sharing buttons that's…not connected to any outside third-party network,…and that plugin is called "Digg Digg."…What I want to do here is add a bar on the left-hand side…that has the regular sharing buttons that you…would normally see on the site, and then…I'll consider adding a second plugin just to cover…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding custom menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Customizing the front page
- Setting up a contact form and social media buttons
- Controlling SEO and social sharing text
- Securing your site and managing spam