Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a social media navigation menu, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- Before wrapping up this chapter on customizing the theme,…there is one last thing I want to show you.…As you remember from the previous movie,…we have two menu locations in this theme.…We have the regular menu, which is the one…we customized and then we have something called…the social menu.…So if we go back to the customizer,…and go to Menus, you'll see under Menu Locations…we also have Social Links Menu.…So if I want social links, so that would be to…Twitter or Facebook or whatever,…and I want them to appear in the header,…I can choose to create an additional menu…and then assign it to that menu location…and it'll automatically display the correct icons for me.…
But before I create the menu, I need to make one…quick change to how this menu customizer appears.…So if you go to the top of the Menu section of the…customizer and click on the cog here,…make sure that Link Target is checked…and I'll show you how that works.…Now we need to create a new menu…so I'll click Add a Menu,…call this one Social Menu.…Click Create Menu and then we're…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.