Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a settings page, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] We're going to start…by adding a new settings page,…and we're going to use the example plugin we created earlier…as a starting point.…So I'm going to go to my WooCommerce example plugin,…here in Atom, I'm going to duplicate it.…I'll call this, since this is all about opening hours,…I'll call this woocommerce-opening-hours.…And then within the plugin,…I'm also going to rename the main plugin file…to woocommerce-opening-hours.…
Now, I'll go ahead and double click this.…And now, I can go ahead and rename some of these things.…I'll rename the plugin name,…I'll change the description…to Control when your WooCommerce store is open.…And I'll leave the rest of these the same.…Then we'll scroll down here,…and I'll get rid of this Admin notice,…because we don't need that, so I'm deleting lines 21 to 32.…
And before I forget,…I also want to make sure I rename my class,…so WC_Example is not going to work,…I'm going to change this to WC_Opening_Hours,…and class names should be capitalized, like that.…So there's a few places you have to change this,…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.