In this video, learn how to add a screenshot to your theme files.
- [Instructor] After this process, … we have a highly customized and unique child theme. … But there's one thing we haven't done, … and it's one I forget … almost every time I create a child theme. … Right now, if you go back to your site … and go to Appearance and then Themes, … you'll see that all the other themes … have a nice and clean preview. … But our child theme has nothing. … And when you look at the theme details, … you'll see the white and gray checker screen. … That's because right now, … our theme doesn't have a proper screenshot. … Let's go to our code editor. … We'll take a look at 2019. … And in this folder, you will see screenshot.png. … That's what we want to create for our theme. … So we'll close this. … And close screenshot. … And let's go to the front end of our site. … And I'm going to use the Mac's default screenshot tool … with cmd + shift + 4. … And I'm going to grab a mostly square shape. … Let me scroll down a little bit. … Cmd + shift + 4. … Mostly square. …
- Setting up your development environment and editor
- Picking a parent theme
- Creating a child theme
- Including style sheets
- Creating and modifying styles
- Modifying functions
- Hooking functions
- Creating and modifying template files
- Adding menus and functionality
- Migrating theme files to a live WordPress site
Skill Level Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 13s
1. Building on a Solid Foundation
2. Creating a Child Theme
3. Child Themes and CSS
4. Working with Function Files
5. Working with Template Files
6. Add New Functionality
7. Wrapping Up
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.