Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a reservations widget, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- There's one more thing I want to show you about…the reservations form.…Remember that footer widgetized area we have at the bottom…of all our pages?…Well, if you want to, you can add a reservation form…directly into this widgetized area because,…if you go to the Customizer, go to Widgets,…and select Footer Widgets, and then click…Add a Widget, you will find that we now have…a new widget called Booking Form.…This was a widget that was added by the…Restaurant Reservations plugin…and we can now add the Booking Form widget…to our footer area.…
So if I scroll down to the bottom here,…you'll see here we have Book a Table,…Date, Time, Party, and Request a Booking.…This is an option.…You can choose to add it or not.…It's entirely up to you.…I just want to show you so you know that it's there.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.