Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a reservations feature, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- One of the great things about having a website…is that the website can do things that…other types of marketing can't.…For example, if you put an ad somewhere for your restaurant…that said, "Hey come to hang out at our restaurant…"and eat our food,"…then they would have to call you to make a reservation.…On a website, you can put up a reservations form,…and that way people can book a table…and book a reservation without you having to talk to them…on the phone and they taking up your time.…For that purpose, I've created a reservation page…that has a nice picture of the inside of the restaurant,…and then have information.…
"To make reservations, please fill out the following…"form or call us at, the phone number.…"We can host large parties."…So here I want to place a reservations form,…and we can do that using one of the recommended plug-ins…for this theme.…So if we go to the back end of the site again,…navigate to plug-ins, and select "Add New,"…and then search for "restaurant reservations."…Here find a plug-in that's recommended.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.