Learn how to add new users to your Multisite Network.
- [Voiceover] Before a student or colleague…can manage a site on your network,…they need to have a user account.…In fact, you can even restrict access…to the content of your site,…to only those users who have accounts.…The process of adding a new user…is virtually identical to the steps…we just walked through when setting up new sites.…There's a link to the Create New User form on the Dashboard,…and Add New buttons under the User menu…and on the All Users page.…
The form only requires that you add a Username…and an Email address.…When a new user is added, a random password…is automatically generated for them,…and an email is sent out with all the information…that they need to sign in.…If you go to your Network Settings page and scroll down,…you can find the Welcome User Email.…You can edit this message just like we did…for the Welcome Email in the last movie.…You can use the keyword LOGINLINK to give a new user…quick access to the login screen for your site.…
In the next movie, we'll look at some of the options…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.