Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding membership pages to the main menu, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- In the previous movie, I mentioned that the simple…WordPress membership's plugin added a series of pages…to our sites to make it easy for members to log in…and sign up and manage their account.…You can see them here under my Pages.…We have the Member Login page,…a Password Reset, a Profile page…and also the Registration page.…Now also remember I deleted one page.…It's sitting here in Trash right now, called Join Us,…because we don't need this particular page.…Now that we have these pages, we need to add them into…the main menus so they're easy to access.…And previously I've been showing you how to use…the customizer to add items into the menu,…but you can also do that from the back end of WordPress…if you want to.…
So I'll show you how to do that here.…Now if you want to edit the menu…from the back end of WordPress,…go to Appearance and select Menus.…From here, if you have multiple menus,…you can select which menu you want to edit,…you can also create a new menu if you want to,…and if you only have one menu like me,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.