Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a logo and customizing the header, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- The Just Right theme has a lot of customization options…that allow us to control the appearance…and behavior of the theme.…That way, you can customize the site…to fit with the visual identity…of your community organization or group.…In this chapter, we'll go through all these settings,…and I'll show you how you can use them,…and we're gonna start with the header.…Most community organizations have a name,…and some organizations also have a logo.…And if you have a logo, you probably want…to add that logo to the header.…The same goes for how you display…the name of the organization.…
You could display it like you see here,…just white text on a black background.…But maybe your organization has a key color…like orange or purple or green or something like that…that you want to use instead.…Or maybe you have a great image that you want to use…as a background.…All these things are possible…thanks to the theme we selected, Just Right.…And you get to all those options…by going to the Customizer.…So first go to your site and log in…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.