Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding key content to the site, part of WordPress DIY: Small Business Website.
- View Offline
- Once the planning for the site is complete,…it's time to start producing the actual content.…Here you start with the first item in your site inventory…and work your way down until all the content…has been produced.…My recommendation is to do this…in a word processing application on your computer.…Now there's several reason for this.…The first one is pretty obvious.…Using a word processing application, you can take advantage…of all the tools that are in the application,…like spell-check, and grammar-check, and thesauruses…and stuff like that to make sure your content…is actually written and presented properly.…
The other reason is just as important.…Once you start producing the actual content,…you'll often discover that your original plans…set out in the site inventory…don't necessarily match with the real content.…So let me give you an example.…In the original site inventory,…we have a page called Services lander.…So the idea was we would have a page that has a list…of all the services available and then a full breakdown…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Establishing the goals for the site
- Making a content inventory
- Adding a custom menu
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Customizing the front page
- Adding promotions
- Setting up a contact form, calendar, and social media buttons
- Securing your site and managing spam