Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding key content to the site, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Once all the content from…my site inventory has been created,…it's time to move that content…into the live site and build out the…structure and framework of the site itself.…I've set up a standard WordPress site…on our SiteGround account.…You can see it right here and you can…visit it at wedding.wpdiy.net/wp.…Right now, there's nothing here that…wouldn't have come with WordPress,…except for two small configurations.…I've given the site a title and a tagline,…and I've also changed the permalink structure…to display the post name.…
Now, all of this was covered in…"Wordpress DIY: Setting Up WordPress",…so you should be at this point…when we get started.…In addition, I have a document full of…all the content that's going to go…on the different pages.…Here is where you have the "Home" page,…"Our Story" page, and so on, and so on.…This information will be copied out from my document…and into different pages in WordPress.…Finally, I have lots of photos from Capin Photography…that I'm going to add into my site.…I've even organized them in folders…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.