Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding forum functionality with bbPress, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- The first plugin we'll install is bbPress,…which adds a forum to our WordPress site.…To install a plugin, go to WordPress and login,…then go to the back end, move your mouse down…to Plugins, and click "Add New".…And from here, you can either search for bbPress,…but because bbPress is such a popular plugin,…it's almost always one of the first plugins featured on…the featured page.…So from here you can simply spot the bbPress logo,…and click "Install Now".…Now the reason why bbPress is so popular is because…bbPress is one of the original plugins for WordPress.…
Way back when WordPress was first created,…everyone wanted to create forums in WordPress,…and from there grew bbPress.…What we have in bbPress is an extremely robust,…free plugin that adds very extensive…forum functionality to your WordPress site.…And it works natively with WordPress.…It's not the only option for forums within WordPress,…but in my opinion, it's the best one.…So once we've downloaded and unpacked bbPress,…we can activate the plugin, and you'll see that,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.