Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding final touches, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Because my registration,…login,…profile…and lost password pages are now actual WordPress pages,…I can change them in any way I want.…That means changing the titles,…changing what's on the pages themself…and also, in some cases, changing the display,…if your theme allows for that.…What I want to do to round off this process…is clean up all the titles for these pages…so they don't say Pie Register at the top.…Then I also want to change my menu…so that I provide actual links to the different features…that the users may want.…
And finally, I'll look at removing the admin bar…for logged in users who are not administrators.…We'll start with the pages.…If I navigate to Pages,…you'll remember I got four new pages…when I installed Pie Register.…I have Pie Register - Forgot Password,…Login, Profile and Registration.…Now I can go in and change the title…and slug for these pages…so that they make more sense…because anyone who comes to the site right now…will say, "What exactly is Pie Register…and what does it have to do with this wedding?"…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.