Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding featured content to the front page, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- There's one last unique feature to this theme…I want to draw your attention to.…It's called featured content and…you find it in the customizer.…If you click on featured content it tells you,…"Easily feature all posts with the…featured tag or a tag of your choice.…Your theme supports up to six posts…in its featured content area."…Here you can either put in a tag name if you want to…or you can simply tag your posts with the tag "featured".…So if you look on the backend of my site here…I've created three posts with no content…in them that have the tag "featured".…
So if I put that in here under tag name,…you'll see that those featured items will appear…in this header section and you can…navigate between them using these arrows.…But you'll also see why I don't use this particular feature.…So first of all, it shows the title of the post…in gigantic type on the front page on…top of this featured image and while that…may work well if you have a front page image…that does not have any text in it,…it very easliy covers a logo if you don't.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.