Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding events to the main menu, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- Now that we've added an events calendar to…our site and started adding events,…it's also important to give people an easy way to…get to the events calendar.…You'll notice when you install the events calendar…that just like with the bbPress forums,…you'll automatically get a new page in your site,…with a url events.…This takes you directly to the events calendar…and from here you can jump to individual events…and if you do you'll see the url changes to event, singular,…and then the name of whatever event is happening.…The problem of course is right now,…there's no way for people to get to the events calendar…unless they already know it exists.…
So we're going to change our main menu again,…this time to include the events calendar.…At the same time I also want to make this page,…submit an event listing, into a subsidiary of…the events calendar because I want people…in the community to be able to submit…event listings but this will just be done…through a contact forum we'll set up in a little bit…and then the managers of the site can choose whether…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.