Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding custom taxonomies to a template, part of WordPress: Custom Post Types and Taxonomies.
…Looking at the custom template we created just to…display single posts from the reviews custom post type, you…see that although we created the template, we're still…not displaying the necessary information for this particular post type.…Because, if I go and edit my review and scroll down,…you'll see in addition to categories and tags, the review also…has several products and services terms applied, we have a price…range term applied, and we also have several different moods applied.…
And now we need to display the output of these taxonomies within our post.…So what we want to happen is exactly what happens to categories and tags currently.…We display a list of each of the taxonomies and if you click on…one of those taxonomies, you're taken to…the archive page for that particular taxonomy term.…To understand how to do this, let's first take a look at how our template…is currently displaying our category list and also…our tag list down here at the bottom.…Going back to my text editor and opening content- reviews.php, which we created…
- What are WordPress custom post types and taxonomies
- Creating and testing the plugin
- Creating posts with custom post types
- Building basic custom taxonomies
- Creating custom post type templates
- Including custom post types in the front page index
Skill Level Advanced
WordPress: Building Responsive Themeswith Morten Rand-Hendriksen2h 55m Intermediate
1. Understanding Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
2. Creating a Plugin for Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
Creating a basic plugin3m 21s
3. Creating Custom Post Types
4. Creating Custom Taxonomies
5. Creating Custom Post Type Templates
6. Working with Custom Post Types and Taxonomies
7. Going Further with Custom Post Types
Thank you!1m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.