Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding custom order statuses, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] One of the most useful areas…to customize in WooCommerce is the client's workflow…after you get an order.…So if your client makes products from scratch,…like kites, and it takes them a week to do so,…you can create an order status of something like building.…It'll fit in between processing and completed.…So as a store owner, you could manually move an order…from processing, which means payment is complete,…on to the building stage when you start building it,…and then once it's shipped and sent out,…you can change it to the completed stage.…
Now, there is already a WooCommerce order status…manager plugin, which does a lot of these things.…You can add unlimited order statues, icons, and workflows,…but today, just to show you how all this works…in the backend, I'm going to do it from scratch.…We're going to start by registering a post status.…Since WooCommerce uses custom post statuses for orders,…we can use this functionality to add a status to an order.…Let's go back to our code,…and now we're going to create a new plugin.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.