Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a custom menu, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- In between the previous movie and this one,…I've taken a page out of the TV chef handbook…and cheated a bit by populating my site…with all the content that's necessary at the start.…As you can see, I've added a bunch of posts…at the front page here.…We just have some regular WordPress posts…with featured images and some images with captions…within the posts themselves,…and I've also added a series of pages.…Now, what you'll discover when you start working…with WordPress is that posts are always present…on the front page.…You can see them in the reverse chronological order,…and we can navigate between them using categories…and tags and links and other features.…
Pages, on the other hand, are hidden by default.…You have to provide navigation to get to those pages,…so that's what we're going to do in this movie,…because you see, in addition to the posts…that are present on the front page right now,…if I go to the back end of my site and go to Pages,…you'll see here I have five pages,…and all of these pages are really important…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.