Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a custom menu, part of WordPress DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Looking at my list of Pages,…I now have all the pages I planned for…in my site inventory.…The problem is if I jump to the front page of my site…you'll see there's no logical way of getting to those pages.…Because this is a default WordPress install…and I haven't done any kind of customization to it yet,…I only have my site title and tagline,…a Search box, and then a bunch of widgets…on the right hand side here that don't really…make any sense for this kind of site,…and then the welcome page.…So now that I've added all the content in…I need to create a custom menu…to allow people to quickly navigate where they want to go.…
Provides an easy way to create all the menus you want…and you can assign those menus…to different places on your site,…either with your theme or as widgets.…What I'm gonna do is create one main menu…and display that in the main menu location…for the theme I'm using.…To start I need to create the menu itself,…and I'll do that by going to the WordPress toolbar,…hovering over the site title and selecting Menus,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site
Skill Level Beginner
Q: Pie-Register isn't available through the WordPress plugins directory. How can I use Pie-Register?
A: Visit http://pieregister.com/ and follow the download and installation instructions.
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
Securing your site5m 6s
Going Further with WordPress
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.