Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding content to forums, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- With some Forums set up,…it's time to start adding content to those Forum.…Here you can see that I've already created three Forums.…I have Jobs & Opportunities with a description.…I have the Marketplace that I created previously…and I also have a Random Forum…where people can just have conversations.…As you start building out your own Forums,…you may find that you need to create sub-forums…under each of the main headings or you may find…that you only need one forum for all communication.…That varies depending on what type…of what community site you are building.…Now I want to show you how to add content…both from the back end as an administrator…and also what the experience is like for someone…that comes in from the outside, so a regular user.…
First we'll add in something from the administrator…and to do that I'm going to go to the back end of my site,…then go to Topics and a New Topic…and from here I'll create a new posting.…Now, in preparation for the publication of the site,…we created some dummy postings…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.