Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a contact form, part of WordPress DIY: Community Website.
- View Offline
- All websites should provide an easy way…for a visitor to contact the site owner.…And this is especially important for a community website.…Normally, you have a Contact Page…on your website that provides contact information…along with address and maybe an email address…and phone number and so on.…However, it's also a good idea to have a Contact Form.…Now I mentioned email address,…but notice how I wrote the email address here.…I did not make it a link, and I did not use an @.…That's because when bots, or computers,…go into websites all they're looking for…is email addresses, and if they find an…email address they'll start inundating…that email address with spam.…
You don't want that because it's really frustrating…and it also clutters up your actual…email stream and valid requests.…So instead, you should always add a Contact Form.…Now there are two main reasons for this.…One is that it makes it harder for bots to exploit…your email address and send you garbage.…And the other reason is, it makes it much easier…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Importing WordPress users as community members
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
Adding a custom menu3m 45s
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.