Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a tab to the WooCommerce product page, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- We've played with some of the basic hooks in WooCommerce.…Now, I want to show you how to modify product tabs…because they're one of the best areas…to add extra information.…Earlier in this course, we added a field…for assembly instructions.…That doesn't need to be visible on the product page…when it loads, way up here, it can be kept in a tab…which keeps the page cleaner and simpler.…WooCommerce has a ton of documentation…on how to edit and modify your tabs.…
You can remove, reorder, customize the titles,…and add entirely new tabs.…And that's what we're going to do.…We're going to add a new tab just for…our assembly instructions.…Let's go to our code editor.…I'm a big fan of keeping all the code for…one specific piece of functionality together.…So, logically, this code should go into assembly…instructions, since we're adding a tab just for that.…And if I was building this for a client…that's what I'd do right now. But for this course…I'm going to keep each chapter separate…in it's own plug-in. So, keep in mind…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.