Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add social info to posts and pages, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] In addition to adding SEO information…to each page, we can also add information…for social networks.…If we're looking at the Yoast SEO meta box…on the edit post page, we can add information…for social networks on this little icon right here.…Then we can configure this per social network.…If you don't see anything here,…you need to make sure that you have open graph enabled,…under Yoast SEO and then social, and then Facebook.…If you don't have this enabled,…you won't be able to add anything.…
I'll go back to my post, and on this page,…we can specify a title, description and image for Facebook.…Now this uses open graph, which most social networks use…so if you specify an image for Facebook,…it will also work for Pinterest.…Same goes for the title and description.…Once you're done, you can go up and update your post.…There's one more setting that I want to change here.…If I go down to Yoast SEO and back to social,…and then I go to Twitter, I like to change…the default card type to summary with large image.…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.