Continue building your plugin by adding the required callback functions, which are used to output the markup for each of the plugin settings fields.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we continue building our plugin…by the adding the callback functions…for the plugin settings.…Here in the main plugin file,…we include our callback functions…in a file named settings-callbacks.php,…which is located in the plugins admin directory.…Currently, we have a validation callback,…which we'll complete in the next video.…Then we have two section callbacks…that display a message for each section of plugin settings.…
And lastly, we have five callback functions.…With these five callback functions,…we have a callback function for each type of settings field.…Here is the callback function for text fields.…And then we have one for radio fields,…text areas,…checkbox fields,…and select fields.…These five callback functions can be used for any settings…that we want to add to our plugin.…
For example, in this plugin,…the text field callback will be used three times.…For the remainder of this video,…we'll complete each of our five callback functions.…Then, in the next video,…we'll complete the validation callback.…
- WordPress APIs
- Action and filter hooks
- Activating and deactivating plugins
- Plugin security
- Creating the directory and files
- Adding menus and the settings page
- Inserting custom functionality
- Testing and debugging WordPress plugins
- Creating widgets
- Managing users and roles
- Adding custom post types and taxonomies
- Working with custom fields and database queries
- Using APIs: Transients, HTTP, and REST
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
1. First Steps
2. Plugin Basics
3. Building a WordPress Plugin
4. Essential Plugin Techniques
5. Extending Plugin Functionality
6. Advanced Plugin Techniques
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.