Learn how to enable a hidden webpage in WordPress that will allow users to create their own sites from a web form.
- [Voiceover] With Multisite, you have the option…of allowing users, including yourself,…to add new sites to your network…by exposing an Add New Sites web form…to the front end of your site.…To do this, begin by going to the Network Settings page…in your Network Admin,…and under Registration Settings,…change the permissions for allowing new registrations.…The setting for registration is disabled by default,…and this is by far, the safest way to leave your site.…It ensures that in order to create new users,…or sites, on your network,…that you would have to be logged in…to your network administration site.…
However, there may be times when you wanna temporarily open…this option up to students or colleagues…to allow them to add their own sites to your network.…We'll cover adding users in another movie.…For now, let's assume…that you've already added the user accounts to your network.…The next safest option for classroom use…is Logged in users may register new sites.…This would include you.…Scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.…
- Creating a test environment to configure WordPress Multisite
- Designing a Multisite network
- Manually creating a Multisite network
- Creating new sites
- Managing access and privacy settings
- Adding and managing users
- Managing plugins and themes across multiple sites
- Creating a site template
- Aggregating posts in a Multisite network
- Supporting students
- Exporting student sites
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Designing a Multisite Network
3. Creating a Multisite Network
4. Managing a Multisite Network
5. Managing a Multisite Network of Classes
6. Managing a Multisite Network for Students
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.