Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a new product, part of WordPress Ecommerce: Easy Digital Downloads.
- [Instructor] We're ready to add our first product.…Now unlike other eCommerce platforms,…everything in EDD can be found under Downloads.…So let's hover over Downloads and then click Add New.…This page should be somewhat familiar…if you've created pages or posts within WordPress,…and that's because EDD uses custom post types,…so in the back end, this data is saved like a post…with a few extra pieces of information.…So just like a post, we're going to need a title.…
Let's go ahead and add one.…And I have all of my information saved in another file,…so I'll pull up the file and I'll copy and paste…the title right here, Building Your First Robot.…Go back to my site and paste that in,…and we're probably going to want a description…for our product, so let's add that.…Now if we publish this product right now,…EDD is actually pretty smart.…It will use that limited information…to let people purchase this product for free.…But since we don't want to let people…purchase this product for free, let's go ahead…and add that price.…
- What is Easy Digital Downloads (EDD)?
- Setting up WordPress for ecommerce
- Installing EDD
- Configuring payment options
- Setting up taxes
- Adding product data
- Testing the customer experience
- Working with third-party services
- Creating reports and discount codes
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommercewith Patrick Rauland2h 25m Beginner
WordPress: Customizing WooCommerce Themeswith Patrick Rauland1h 24m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Download and configure EDD2m 56s
2. Adding Products
3. Additional Product Types
4. Setting Up Payment
5. Setting Up Taxes
6. Customizing Your Theme
7. Connecting to Services
8. EDD Settings
9. Managing Sales
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.