Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a new product tab, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] Since we're working on a website for kites,…I want to make it super clear how to assemble our products.…So I want to add an assembly instructions link to our…product pages.…And since that doesn't relate to our other product settings…down here, I'm going to add our own settings tab.…Now we're going to start by duplicating our WooCommerce…example plugin that we created earlier.…So I'll go to my code editor, and I'll duplicate this…folder right here, WooCommerce Example Plugin, and since…we are creating a plugin for assembly instructions,…I'll call it that.…
WooCommerce assembly instructions.…And then I will make sure to rename the plugin file.…WooCommerce assembly instructions.…And then I'll go ahead and open this up.…So let's go ahead and change the name.…Let's give it a proper description.…
Add assembly instructions to the product page.…Change the text domain, and now let's go ahead…and change it here.…So on line 18, wc assembly instructions, and I'll…copy and paste this here.…And down here.…
And I'll go ahead and get rid of this default code…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.