Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add a meta box, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this course,…I mentioned that you may have to create a meta box,…or to add settings to an existing meta box.…This is a pretty common practice for WordPress plugins.…But since it is so common and not specific to WooCommerce…we want to mention it but not go in depth.…If you want to know more about creating…custom meta boxes, I recommend reading about these…on wordpress.org.…You can still use all the WooCommerce formatting…and field types that we talked about earlier…so if you want to use WooCommerce function…to format a price you can do that.…
But again, the main rule of using meta boxes…or vetting any setting to a settings page…is to try to keep things in the same place.…So most of your settings are going to be…in this settings box right here,…or by the product image or the gallery…or any other WooCommerce area.…But if you do happen to need an extra meta box,…go ahead and use one.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.