Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Add and manage users, part of WordPress 5 Essential Training: Site Administration.
- There's a good chance you'll want to add…additional users to your Word Press site…and there's a myriad of reasons for this.…It could be because you use a registration as…the way of testing whether or not people…are allowed to leave comments…or they have to register as a subscriber to get a comment.…It could be because you locked content…so only people who are registered can see that content.…It could be because you have contributors…who should be able to write content for the site…but not publish it.…You might have an entire production staff…of authors, editors and publishers…that you want to give access.…
In all these circumstances, you need to add new users…and that is done under Users on the Word Press Admin panel.…From Users, you get a complete list of all the…currently registered users…with some basic information about them.…So here you can see currently in the site…there are 2 registered users.…Me and prodassets.…Prodassets is the production assets manager…ad linked and learning that actually manages this website.…
- Adjusting settings
- Changing discussion and privacy settings
- Using the Customizer to adjust site identity and visuals
- Creating and customizing menus
- Installing and activating themes
- Extending WordPress with plugins
- Adding and managing users
- Managing comments and spam
- WordPress security and maintenance
Skill Level Beginner
How WordPress works1m 47s
2. Configuration with the Customizer
3. Extending WordPress with Plugins
5. Security and Maintenance
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.