Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add fields to a product tab, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- We've added our Product Data tab.…Now we want to add fields to it,…but before we can add fields,…we need to know the action…that's running on this page,…and then we can use that action…to add our fields right here.…If we go to the code…and then we go to WooCommerce…includes admin meta-boxes and now views,…make sure views is open,…and then go to html-product-data-panel.…
We can see the entire layout of the product data area,…including, at the very bottom, the action that we need.…Now if you're wondering how I got here,…it's by digging into the code.…There isn't any documentation on this…so I searched the codebase for product data tabs…or product data panels and eventually found this file.…So the bottom of the file is the action we need.…You can copy this to our custom plugin,…and right here beneath our add filter,…we're going to add an action.…
I'll paste in that name,…so we're going to reference a method within this object,…I'll call this one woocommerce_product_data_panels,…and now we can create that function.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.