Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add data to a product page tab, part of WordPress Ecommerce: WooCommerce Plugins.
- [Instructor] We've added a product tab.…Now let's use the data in the back end…to make the assembly instructions dynamic.…When you're accessing product data,…you want to use the wc underscore product object.…This object give us access to all sorts of things.…As you can see,…there are a ton of methods and properties…that we can use to get all sorts of data…from the product itself.…Now if you want to get the weight,…the dimensions,…see if it's downloadable,…there are prebuilt functions just for that.…For us though,…since we're trying to get data that we created ourselves,…in this case the assembly instructions…there's obviously no automatically created method for us.…
But the WooCommerce product class does have…a get data method that we can use.…This method is inherited from the wc underscore data class.…Let's go to our code editor…so we can implement this.…So on the product page file…and we'll scroll down to where we have our tab,…and we can get rid of this line right here.…We need to start by creating our own product object.…
- Creating a WooCommerce plugin
- Finding hooks within WooCommerce
- Creating settings pages
- Analyzing WooCommerce settings
- Configuring settings
- Customizing the edit product page
- Using hooks on the product page
- Customizing the WooCommerce checkout
- Adding custom order statuses
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/07/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: adding a meta box, saving product fields, customizing product titles, and adding data to product page tabs.
1. Overview of Customizing WooCommerce
Print an admin notice4m 21s
2. Create Settings Pages
3. Customize the Edit Product Page
4. Customize the Product Page
5. Customize the WooCommerce Checkout
6. Customize the WooCommerce Admin
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.