Adding new content models to WordPress usually means adding new custom post types. Learn how to create a post type that is not visible on the front end.
- [Instructor] Taskbook needs its own custom post type…called Task that we can attach custom fields to,…attach custom user roles too,…and also store the tasks in.…If this was a simple plugin, we would add the code…for the custom post type right in Plugin file here,…but this plugin will get pretty big and complex,…so I want to add it in a separate file.…In the Taskbook folder,…I'll create a new folder, call it Includes.…And in the Includes folder, I'll create a new file…called posttypes.php.…
This'll be the file that holds all the custom…post type code, and it will only hold…the custom post type code,…so the concerns are nicely separated…and easy to find out what's going on.…Now I need the plugin to be aware of this new file,…so right here below the comment at the very top,…I'll add in a new comment.…And then I'll require_once.…
Here we'll use the function plugin_dir_path…and target FILE.…Here we grab the current file, so taskbook.php,…use the function to find out which plugin directory…we're currently sitting in, which is the taskbook directory.…
- Planning the application
- Extending WordPress with a plugin
- Setting up the standalone application
- Configuring OAuth 2 in WordPress
- Building the task list view
- Building the new task view
- Creating a new task via the REST API
- Displaying conditional content
- Visualizing data using Graph.js
Skill Level Advanced
1. Plan the Application
2. Extend WordPress with a Plugin
3. Set Up the Standalone Application
Review of user flow2m 34s
4. Build the Task List View
5. Build the New Task View
6. Build the Update/View Task View
7. Bonus Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.