Learn how to create, add, and manage categories and tags on posts.
- In WordPress, posts are organized … based on categories and tags. … Both to find in the document context in the side bar, … on the right hand side. … Categories are the main organization system or taxonomy, … used to group related posts together. … Tags, are an optional additional sorting system used to … signal looser connections between posts. … What exactly the difference is between these two, is … explained in the next movie. … All posts must have at least one category and can have as … many categories as you like. … If you don't assign a category to a post, it will … automatically filled under the category … called un-categorized, which is not very useful. … If you want you change this default category to … something more meaningful, you need to go to settings, … writing, and then under writing, you change the default … post category to any of the other categories they've … already registered on the site. … My rule of thumb here is anytime I write a post, … I immediately categorize it so I don't forget later. …
Note: This course covers WordPress 5. The training will be updated as WordPress evolves.
- Installing WordPress
- Creating posts and pages
- Formatting text
- Publishing and scheduling posts
- Adding images, audio, and video
- Bulk editing posts and pages
- Working with reusable blocks
Skill Level Beginner
1. Up and Running with WordPress
2. Content Management
3. Working with Blocks in the Block Context
4. Document Context
5. Block Deep Dive
6. Reusable Blocks
Edit reusable blocks3m 5s
7. The Rest of the Iceberg
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.