Join Patrick Rauland for an in-depth discussion in this video Add XML sitemaps, part of WordPress Plugins: SEO.
- [Instructor] We've configured SEO information for the site…and we know how to add it to each of our posts.…There are a few more things that can help with SEO.…Let's go to All in One SEO in the sidebar…and then click Feature Manager.…There's a ton of extra features here.…I'm going to turn on XML Sitemaps.…When we do that it'll add something extra…to the menu right here,…let's click that.…XML Sitemaps will give search engines a sitemap,…which is basically a list…of every single webpage on our site.…
And when we add new content to our site…the XML Sitemap is automatically updated…and the search engines are pinged to index that new content.…Now most of these settings we can leave as they are.…First let me close this Mailing List up here,…and then if I scroll down we can see…all of the XML Sitemap settings.…Most of these can stay as they are,…for example, the name is just fine as it is.…The Updates Schedule is something you can set…if you do have a consistent blogging schedule.…For my personal site I blog about once a week,…
- Considering keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Preventing confusion with tags and categories
- Installing and activating Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
1. SEO Principles
2. SEO All in One Pack
3. Yoast SEO
4. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.