In this video, learn how to create and submit XML sitemaps to search engines.
- [Instructor] We've configured SEO information … for the site and we know how to add it to each of our posts. … There are a few more things that we can do to help with SEO. … From the All in One SEO admin menu, … we can go to the feature manager. … There's a ton of extra features in here. … I'm going to turn on XML sitemaps. … I'll click activate … and this will gives us the ability … to automatically create XML sitemaps … which we can submit to search engines … which gives them a list of every single webpage on our site. … And when we add new content to our site, … the XML sitemap is automatically updated … and the search engines are pinged to index that new content. … Now that we've turned on the feature, … there's a new menu item called XML sitemap … under All in One SEO. … Let's click that. … From this page, … we can see all the settings for our XML sitemaps … and we can preview the sitemap itself. … Let's click on view your XML sitemap. … I'll open that in a new tab. … And here we can see all of the URLs for our site …
- Keyword strategies and SEO factors
- Installing Yoast SEO and the All in One SEO Pack
- Configuring title and general settings
- Importing SEO content
- Adding SEO and social info to posts and pages
- Configuring XML sitemaps
- Redirecting Google Search Console errors
- Building a reusable import file
- Installing the AMP plugin
Skill Level Beginner
WordPress: Developing Secure Siteswith Jeff Starr2h 38m Intermediate
1. SEO Principles
2. All in One SEO Pack
3. WordPress SEO by Yoast
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast Settings
5. Accelerated Mobile Pages
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.