Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Activating required plugins, part of WordPress DIY: Restaurant Website.
- When we installed and activated the Auberge's theme,…you noticed we got this box here at the top…that will persist across all the pages…on your Admin Panel until you dismiss it.…This box tells us that this theme requires…the following plugin: Jetpack by WordPress,…and it also recommends another plugin called Beaver Builder…and one called Customizer Export/Import.…This has become fairly common for free themes…and it's because themes are focused on…presentation of content, but many theme developers…want to add additional functionality to WordPress…that then hooks into the theme.…
That could be reviews post type or a recipes post type…or, in our case, the ability to post up…menu items for a restaurant menu.…In the case of Auberge, we have required,…recommended, and supported plugins,…and to find a full list of that,…you need to go to the Auberge website.…Just scroll down a bit here.…You can go to User Manual.…And a bit down on the page, you have…the Installing Plugins section,…which gives you a list of all the plugins…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Adding a food menu page
- Customizing fonts, colors, and navigation
- Adding a contact form and reservations widget with Jetpack
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form4m 25s
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.