Join Joe Dolson for an in-depth discussion in this video Accessibility plugins, part of Accessibility for WordPress.
- When you're working with WordPress,…there are a lot of plugins that can help you…with accessibility either in testing…or in improving the condition of your site.…I'm gonna demonstrate what a few…of these can do for you.…The first is a plugin called WP Tota11y.…Now the two l's in there are actually represented…by ones which is a numeronym…to represent the word accessibility.…This plugin is a very simple tool.…It was created by the Khan Academy…to help their developers improve their own website.…It can just visualize a few simple accessibility problems…on the front end of your website.…
It has a limited number of tests,…but those tests are six important basics…for accessibility that can really shape your website…and help you get a good impression…of what you're doing.…They'll test your headings hierarchy…and look for things like non-consecutive headings.…It'll look at the contrast of your page…although it may not pick up on things…like missing backgrounds.…And it's going to look at link text…to make sure you're using reasonable…
This course, merging WordPress coding with accessible web design techniques, helps you make sure your website meets modern accessibility standards. You'll learn how to use the power of WordPress to quickly build a beautiful and accessible website that can be used by people with different types of abilities. Author Joe Dolson provides a broad introduction to accessibility and then focuses on practical steps to make sure your WordPress themes, plugins, and content are accessible and usable to all.
- What is web accessibility?
- Understanding the benefits of accessibility
- Building accessible forms
- Adhering to theme guidelines
- Creating accessible navigation
- Working with images, media, and other accessible content
- Integrating plugins
- Testing your site for accessibility