There are two versions of ACF: the free version in the WordPress Plugin Repository and the PRO version, which is available for purchase from the ACF website. While most of this course can be used with the free version, features like the repeater field and the Gutenberg block framework are only available in PRO.
- [Instructor] There are two versions … of Advanced Custom Fields, … a free version and a pro version. … The free version includes most of the functionality … of the plug-in and we'll be using that … for the majority of the course. … You're able to create custom fields, … display them on your posts, pages, or custom post types, … and integrate them into your theme. … You also get access to over 30 field types, … like the Color Picker, the Wysiwyg Editor, … the Google Map, and more. … You can download the free version of Advanced Custom Fields … right from the WordPress plug-in repository … in your WordPress dashboard. … If you want to have even more power … in Advanced Custom Fields, … you can check out the pro version. … The pro version includes even more fields, … like the Repeater field, ACF Blocks, … the Flexible Content field, … and you even get a Theme Options page, … which allows you to create global custom fields. … Perfect for adding information to your header and footer. … You can purchase a single site lifetime license …
- What are custom fields?
- Creating field groups
- Adding content to fields
- Displaying fields on a child theme
- Creating and displaying repeater fields
- Creating a submission form
- Creating a Gutenberg block with PHP only
- Writing rules for field display
- Organizing fields
- Exporting field groups
Skill Level Advanced
1. Getting Started with ACF
2. Creating Field Groups with ACF
Field types overview3m 48s
3. Displaying Your Fields
4. Working with Data in ACF
5. Creating a Gutenberg Block
6. Cleaning Up the Admin
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.