Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Developer and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Building a design in Photoshop
- Converting Photoshop design to HTML and CSS
- Setting up MAMP on Mac and WAMP on Windows
- Moving HTML and CSS into a WordPress theme
- Building navigation
- Using custom fields
- Creating a commenting system
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hello and welcome to WordPress: Creating and Editing Custom Themes. I'm Chris Coyier. In this course we're going to step through the entire process of conceptualizing, designing and coding a complete WordPress theme according to the specific needs of a client. We're going to start with a blank slate and go through the entire workflow beginning with creating a design in Photoshop. Next we'll create a webpage template based on that design using HTML and CSS.
I'm very much looking forward to this journey. Let's get started with WordPress: Creating and Editing Custom Themes.