Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Web and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Optimizing the hosting environment for Multisite
- Enabling the Network feature
- Troubleshooting network configurations
- Creating your first site
- Installing and enabling themes on a per-site basis
- Defining a default theme sitewide
- Controlling access to sites
- Enabling features for site administrators
- Displaying a list of networked sites
- Broadcasting news across all sites
- Gathering and using comments network-wide
- Mapping domains and mapping to certain sites
- Installing and configuring BackupBuddy
- Migrating a stand-alone site into a network
Skill Level Advanced
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Justin Seely and welcome to Creating and Managing a Blog Network with WordPress. In this course, we'll take a look at how to create a WordPress Multisite installation, how to effectively manage a blog network using WordPress and how to add a layer of security by baking up your Multisite environment. I'll start off by showing you how to enable the Multisite feature using a code editor and a little PHP. Then, we'll see how to manage our WordPress Multisite using the network administration panel. We'll see how to create complete backups of your WordPress site using the BackupBuddy plugin and how to store those back ups to various, remote destinations.
We'll be covering all the features of WordPress Multisite plus I'll have plenty of tips, tricks, and time saving work arounds along the way. Now, let's get started with Creating a Blog Network with WordPress.