- View Offline
- Exploring online portfolios
- Creating the site architecture
- Incorporating advanced custom post type functionalities
- Hooking a custom taxonomy to a post type
- Understanding how hierarchy relates to taxonomies
- Populating content into custom post types
- Handling multiple post type templates
- Displaying a list of links to the latest custom post type posts
- Building static pages for the front and the blog
- Creating a contact page with a contact form
Skill Level Advanced
- Hi, my name is Morten Rand-Hendriksen, and welcome to Create an Online Portfolio with WordPress. In this course, we'll use WordPress to build an online portfolio showcasing different types of content, as well as all the regular WordPress items, like static pages and a blog. I'll start by showing you how to create new custom post types for content like photos and videos. We'll create custom taxonomies to facilitate better organization of the custom content. We'll build custom post templates and index templates for each of the custom post types, as well as for the custom taxonomies.
Finally, we'll tie everything together by showcasing the five latest posts from each of the custom post types in the footer sidebar. With the skills from this course in your WordPress toolkit, you'll be well-equipped to handle advanced portfolios and other sites. Now, let's get started with Create an Online Portfolio with WordPress.