Provide shared access to files and resources within your organization by setting up an intranet website using WordPress. This course shows how to create an intranet site, from planning, to configuration, administration, and maintenance.
- [Morten] Hello and welcome to WordPress: Building an Intranet Site. I'm Morten Rand-Hendricksen, senior staff instructor and resident WordPress expert, and I'm here to guide you through the process of building an intranet for a small business or organization using WordPress. We'll start off discussing what an intranet is and map out who the site is for, what goes on the site and who has access to it. We'll work with WordPress and a handful of plugins to create an intranet site with features to meet most common intranet's requirements.
I'll show you how to make some advanced customizations to the site using a child theme, and finally, you'll learn how to manage an intranet site that is not connected to the internet. Intranet sites can be useful tools for companies and organizations alike, and WordPress makes creating and managing an intranet site a breeze. I'm here to show you how to get it right, so let's get cracking with WordPress: Building an Intranet Site.
- Preparing to set up an intranet site
- Planning for content management
- Creating information architecture
- Managing access, users, roles, and capabilities
- Create custom WordPress post types
- Building a theme
- Customizing the appearance of posts
- Adding advanced forms
- Creating intranet site navigation
- Maintaining an offline WordPress site
- Updating plugins and themes