In this video, Jen McBee provides an overview of Microsoft Office Specialist Certification, the benefits of becoming certified, and an overview of the three levels of certification.
- [Instructor] There are three different levels of Microsoft Office Specialist certifications that you can obtain for Office 2013. You can become a Microsoft Office Specialist, or MOS, a MOS Expert or a MOS Master. It's possible to obtain all three levels of certification. The certification requirements may periodically be updated or redefined by Microsoft so I recommend you visit the microsoft.com website, search for the level of certification you wish to obtain, and make sure you know the current requirements.
Now let's take a look at our first certification, the Microsoft Office Specialist. A Microsoft Office Specialist is an individual who's demonstrated expertise by passing a certification exam in one or more Office programs, such as the Excel core exam, the Word core exam, or any of the others listed here. Moving on to the second level is our Microsoft Office Specialist Expert. An Expert is an individual that has taken their knowledge of Office to the next level, demonstrating their mastering of more advanced features based on Word or Excel.
The Microsoft Office Specialist Expert exams for Word and Excel consist of two exams for each program, part one and part two. To obtain the Expert level for either course, you must pass both part one and part two. This course prepares you for the part one exam for Word 2013 Expert. Our final level is the Microsoft Office Specialist Master which has three tracks offered. Each track has it's own set of criteria.
This course is all about preparing you for Exam 77425, which is the part one exam of the Word 2013 Expert certification. When you feel confident in the material found in this course, you should be ready to schedule your exam.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. To begin, Jennifer provides an overview of the certification program and its costs. She then walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents. She concludes the course with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-425, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Managing and sharing documents
- Setting tracking options
- Restricting editing and limiting authors
- Designing advanced documents
- Customizing field formats
- Using advanced find and replace
- Creating advanced references
- Creating a mail merge
- Creating custom Word elements
- Creating and managing style sets