Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Writing and formatting text, part of Learning Word 2016.
- In this movie, I want to cover the basics of…writing text in a document and formatting text.…Now, writing text is the easy part.…In fact, this is all pretty easy.…But you probably already know the basics…of writing text in a document.…So, I want to start with a blank document…so here on the welcome screen in Word,…I'm just going to click on the blank document template…and we can start working here.…Now you want to be aware of this…blinking cursor on your page.…When you start typing on the keyboard,…that's where your text is going to go.…
Now I have a blank document right now,…so there's only one place that blinking cursor could be.…It's going to be near the top left corner of the document.…And I can start typing from here.…So I'm going to put in one word and I want to…start a new line so I can hit return…and that will start a new line.…And I'll put in another line,…and another one.…So this is pretty typical to how you're…going to write text in a document.…Type what you need, press return to start a new line,…and so on.…
- Explain why you should sign in to your Office 365 account when using Word.
- Recognize options for formatting a document in Word.
- Name benefits of using styles in a document.
- Recall a way to insert a picture into a document.
- Identify where to click in order to make a format change to an entire table.