Join Mariann Siegert for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with custom galleries, part of Word: Building Blocks and Macros.
In addition to the 15 built-in building block galleries in Word, Word created an…additional 20 custom building block types, as shown in this table.…You may have noticed them in the drop-down box when you were creating…your building blocks.…As you can see from this table, Word created a custom gallery for each of the 15…built-in galleries along with five extra, neutral different custom galleries.…As I did when first saw them, you might be wondering what they are for and what…purpose they might possibly serve?…All 20 cannot only be added to the Quick Access Toolbar in Word 2007 and 2010,…but all 20 can also be added to the Ribbon that is in Word 2010.…
They don't have that option available in 2007.…They can be used for additional organization and grouping.…They are all totally customizable and you can store your building blocks in any…of the 15 built-in building blocks or in any of the 20 customized galleries.…I'm excited to show you how this works, so let's get started.…There are three steps to working with your custom building block galleries:…
- Using built-in and custom building blocks
- Adding power utilizing building block content controls
- Using building blocks and macros together
- Recording, playing, and pausing macros
- Saving macro-enabled documents and templates
- Employing macros and field codes together
- Assigning keyboard shortcuts and buttons to macros
- Editing and combining macros
- Getting started with VBA code
Skill Level Intermediate
Word 2010 Essential Trainingwith Gini von Courter8h 3m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Putting Building Blocks to Work
3. Using the Power of Macros
4. Real-World Macro Projects
5. Stepping Into VBA
6. Managing Macros
Importing macros5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.