Join Chris Grover for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with WordArt, part of Learning Word 2010.
If you are designing a logo, a letterhead, or maybe even just a fancy…heading for your page, you may be interested in using WordArt to tackle the job.…In this lesson, you learn how to add WordArt to the page, and you can explore…some of the fancy formatting options that are available.…So, pretend we're developing a logo for a company.…We've got our turtle logo here, the company is Turtle Transport Limited and…we want to add the name of the company. So I'm going to go up here to Insert and…then here we've got our illustrations group and that's where we got our turtle.…
But we want to add words and we want to add clip art.…Now, we could use things from here, but the Word Art option is over here in the…text box. So, if I click on this menu, it opens up…a kind of visual menu here, where we can see different options for different…styles of text. You've got, sort of, 3D effects and you…have some shadow effects. I'm going to go with this mirror effect,…down here, and it adds the Word Art box to our page.…
- Exploring the Ribbon
- Creating a document from a template
- Saving different file formats
- Editing text with Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Adding tab stops to the ruler
- Finding and replacing text
- Working with header and footer text
- Using Word styles
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Adding a table of contents or index
- Restricting editing
- Printing documents, envelopes, and labels
Skill Level Beginner
Word 2010 Power Shortcutswith Alicia Katz Pollock4h Intermediate
1. Understanding Word and Its User Interface
2. Working with Text
3. Setting Up Your Document
4. Changing the View
5. Formatting Words and Paragraphs
6. Adding Media to Documents
7. Working with Long Documents
8. Collaborating with Others
9. Printing and Sharing Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.