Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Word for Mac, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- Word on the Macintosh…is basically Word for Windows…recompiled to run on the Mac.…It is Microsoft Word but there are some differences.…Some of the modules that Word Windows has…aren't available on the Mac…and the levels of scripting support are different.…Simply put, Word on the Mac is, in terms of features,…just a little bit behind its Windows' counterpart.…You can see here in this table…that if you're on Word 2011 on the Mac…it's effectively Word 2003 for Windows.…
Word 2008 roughly matched Word 2002…and Word 2004 is roughly equivalent to Word 2000.…The good news is that if any of those versions…are the ones you own on the Macintosh,…they will do pretty much everything…that we need them to do on this course.…That said, there are two issues…we need to be aware of on the Mac platform.…The first of which being that font embedding…is not supported at the current time.…
If you want to include a custom type face for your headings…and other non-body texts,…you're going to need to get your hands dirty afterwards…with an application like Sigil or Calibre.…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.