Join Tony Harmer for an in-depth discussion in this video Which flavor of Word?, part of Creating EPUBs from a Word Document.
- Believe it or not, Word has been around…for just over 30 years.…It wasn't terribly successful to begin with…but it eventually became so and, as a result,…there are a great many flavors of Word…out there in the wild.…The good news is, if you're using any version…after the year 2000, then you'll be able to do…everything on this course.…The things you need to check out for,…in your version, if you think it's slightly before then,…the HTML Export mainly,…that's the feature you're after, primarily.…
Seeing as that became available in 1997,…I think, this shouldn't be a problem.…Although, the earlier a version you've got, potentially…the more cleanup needs to be done after the…HTML files are created.…To stay current, there is now also a version…of Word available for the iPad.…It may well be possible for you to work…along with that version on the iPad but…you wont be able to do the HTML Export at the end…and you'll need to transfer your document…across to a desktop version of Word for that part.…
You'll also find when you do that,…
- Avoiding redundant formatting
- Formatting new or existing Word documents
- Adding a book cover
- Understanding how images work in EPUBs
- Adding bookmarks and links
- Converting footnotes and endnotes
- Exporting to HTML on Mac and on Windows
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
1. EPUB Overview
2. Formatting Overview
3. Using Word
4. Images and Media
5. Things to Watch Out for
6. What's Next
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.